CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

First stamp

So like I said a while ago, my aunt Lori gave me TONS of her old stamps, she decided she didn't want them any more, so yesterday I went through and decided to make a thank you card, not sure for who, I'm not sure if everyone goes through their paper and crafts and says "I'm going to make this card for this person, or this card for this person" I'd rather make a card for someone then make a card and let it gather dust, so I guess I'm stuck to making thank you cards because EVERYONE can use a thank you card...

Materials:
I found some blue and green paper, and I also found some off white paper I ripped, but first I stamped it then I used these chalk things, I'll put up a picture.

I'm not really sure how to use these chalks, but my aunt said just use a Q-tip to rub it on, if anyone knows what, or how to use these, please tell me.

I also need help for a card idea. My cousin Jordan is having his Confirmation at the end of the month, I'm not sure how to do this card! Plus my cousin Gavin is graduating at the end of the school year, but I have an idea on how to do this card..

Any opinions would be appreciated.

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

beautiful card, chalks are alot of fun. you can use a tad of water to make them look brighter and wet.
have fun!

My Paper World said...

I love your pretty card!

Carolyn King said...

very nice. i am not too knowledgeable about chalks--i guess just use them with qtips and see what works?!

Bethany Paull said...

Looks like you did a great job with your chalks. That's pretty much how I learned to use them too, with a q-tip. If you have a Versamark pad, you can also do this:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/poppin_pastels/

Lauren said...

The card you made is so pretty - love the layout. I'm not a chalks kind of gal - so I'm sorry I'm not a better help. Maybe use a blender pen?

Enfys said...

You did a good job with these chalks. I love using chalks. Just spritz them with cheap hairspray after you have finished to set them, then they won't rub off. Why don't you make a cross for Jordan's card? Maybe use a border punch to pretty up the edges, or decorative scissors if you don't have a border punch. Stick the two pieces together and put a flower or something in the middle? Let us see it when you're done x